Tuesday, May 26, 2015

The Challenge -- Day 98

Today's Scripture: Luke 8:40-9:6
(Click on the link to read the scripture.)

Have you ever taken a trip and not packed a single thing... no money, no bag, no toothbrush? I don't even go out for the day without my backpack full of stuff I might need. Jesus sent the twelve out instructing them to take nothing.

How would it feel to leave on a trip with nothing? Would it be difficult for you to trust God to provide the necessary things to sustain you on the trip?

Father God, You alone have provided everything I have.
You promise to continue to provide all I need.
Grow me to trust Your provision in all things.
Teach me to let go of the things I don't really need for the journey.

The Lord is my Shepherd,
I shall not want.
Psalm 23:1

No comments:

Post a Comment