Wednesday, May 13, 2015

The Challenge -- Day 85

Today's Scripture: Luke 2:22-52
(Click on the link for today's scripture.)

"This child is destined for the falling and the rising of many in Israel, and to be a sign that will be opposed so that the inner thoughts of many will be revealed --- and a sword will pierce your own soul too." If I were in Mary's sandals, this prophecy would have me all tied up in knots. It is pretty ominous. The text doesn't say how she felt about it... how Joseph reacted to the words of Simeon.

We are surrounded by ominous words. News infiltrates our lives through all types of media. Even when you don't watch it... or listen to it... it finds a way of creeping up on you.

"What's the world coming to?" is something I often hear.

I have an answer..."The world is coming to Jesus!"

It was the answer the day Mary heard the prophecy. It is the answer this very moment.

How can you help someone take one step closer to Jesus today?

Lord Jesus, I praise You as the Savior of the world.
Nothing is ominous to You, nothing catches You off guard.
Help me to come nearer to You today, to know Your peace and presence,
so I may show others the steps to take, to come to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment