Saturday, July 25, 2015

The Challenge -- Day 158

Today's Scripture: John 13:1-20
[Click the reference above to read on BibleGateway.com.]

Lord Jesus did something completely incomprehensible to the disciples. He washed their feet. The Greatest of all did the lowliest of tasks.

"What I am doing you do not understand now,
but afterward you will understand."
John 13:7

God does things we will not understand now.

He is Sovereign in all creation, both seen and unseen, He creates both darkness and light.

I form light and create darkness,
I make well-being and bring calamity,
I am the Lord, who does all these things.
Isaiah 45:7 ESV

There are many things going on in this world I do not understand.

Some are great calamities.
Loved ones with cancer...
Children abused...
Families torn by death of a child...
Addiction...
Divorce...
War...
Famine...

But there are also good things I don't understand.
The miracle of birth... both physical and spiritual...
Grace undeserved...
Forgiveness of sins...
His faithfulness to rebellious people...
Love holding Jesus to a cross...
His resurrection...
Eternal life...

Yes. There are many things God is doing now that I just don't get. But He says... afterward you will.

So I wait for afterward. Whether it's a moment, an hour, a week, month, year, in the world to come, I wait for understanding. And trust Him in the mean time.

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good,
for those who are called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:28 ESV

What has He made happen that you don't understand? Does it help to know someday you will? Can you trust Him in the wait?

 Father God, help me accept I am unable to understand all You
are about in the world at this moment. Fill me with the faith
to trust You are working it all out for the good of those who love You.
In the mean time, help me to wait and trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment