Thursday, July 16, 2015

The Challenge -- Day 149

Today's Scripture: John 8:48-59
[Click the reference above to read on BibleGateway.com.]

Jesus continued explaining who He is to the Jews, but they simply would not accept. They were dead set in their judgment of the situation.

The problem with relying on our own judgment is that in the end what we judge to be true doesn't really matter.

...He is the judge.
John 8:50

One day, God will judge all of us for the way we lived our lives. Our motives. Our actions. Our words. None of our faulty judgments will hold up before Him.

Today, let's remember our judgments are skewed by sin. Take time to question your beliefs, your understanding of who God is, and who you are before Him.

Are you in line with His Word? If not, you still have time to reconsider...

Lord, Your judgment is always right and just.
In the end no one will be able to argue with You.
Judge my heart, now, and reveal where I am wrong.


Search me, O God, and know my heart!
Try me and know my thoughts!
And see if there be any grievous way in me 
and lead me in the way everlasting!
Psalm 139:23-24 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment