Friday, July 24, 2015

The Challenge -- Day 157

Today's Scripture: John 12:27-50
[Open up your Bible or open up the passage online by clicking the reference above.]

Jesus --- fully God, fully man --- not only reveals who God is, but how we are to live.

"... But for this purpose I have come to this hour.
Father, glorify your name." ---Jesus
John 12:27-28

God created us for a purpose --- for His glory.

Just like Jesus, our purpose for His glory costs us something... our life.

Then Jesus told his disciples, "If anyone would come after me,
let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. ..."
Matthew 16:24 ESV

What greater purpose could we have than bringing glory to God? But do we actually see this as our purpose? 

How are you glorifying God?

Many who believed missed out on their purpose because they loved the glory that comes from man more than the glory that comes from God.

Whose accolades do you prefer? man's or God's? Whose glory are you living for? Are you missing out on the purpose He created you for?

Jesus is our model for glorifying God in this dark world. He did nothing on His own authority. He lived only by His Father's commandment, which told Him what to say and do. The Father's commandment is eternal life.

To live for God's glory, to fulfill our purpose in this world, we must live His way and when we do, we enter into eternal life.

To live for man's glory, leads only to death. It is temporary and empty at the end of the day.

There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death.
Proverbs 14:12 ESV

Consider, He created you for a purpose. Are you fulfilling it?

Father God, open my eyes and soften my heart to Your purpose for me.
I want to glorify You with my life. Forgive me for the time I've wasted
living for the glory that comes from man. Redeem the time I have left.

No comments:

Post a Comment