Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Beyond the Gospels: Cornithians

Today's Verses: 1 Corinthians 9:13-27
Click on the link to read today's scripture.
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in a way that gets the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. --- 1 Corinthians 9:24-25 NIV
I so admire those I know who run marathons. I listen to them discuss their training methods and think of the preparation time that goes into being ready. Just this week one of  the mini-Methodists bounds through the door excited to tell me how well they did on their benchmark test. All training for THE test that's coming soon. A conversation about new classes with my oldest reminds me of the six years of training she's on to prepare for the career she hopes to have. Most anything we do takes preparation. Paul gets it too. He takes time to remind us training is all part of the game. Actually, it's the most important part.

It makes me wonder. What kind of training am I doing lately? Where do I spend my time and energy? Do I have a workout plan when it comes to spiritual things? Do you? Consider what you are training for today.

Father God, teach me to train for the race of faith.
I want to be prepared to glorify You with my life
whatever comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment