Monday, January 18, 2016

Beyond the Gospels: Corinthians

Today's Verses: 1 Corinthians 6:12-20
Click on the link to read today's scripture.
You are not your own; you were bought at a price.--vs. 19-20
It is so easy to slip into the mindset of me and mine. We work, we purchase, we build. Our hands dig gardens and cook meals. Our financial smarts build savings accounts. We pay interest on mortgages and cars. It is not that far of a jump to consider what you work hard for, your possessions, even yourself belongs to you.

The church staff went to enjoy a Christmas lunch at a local restaurant. The owner comes to greet us and he says, "We don't consider any of this ours. We are just stewards of what God has given us. When you're a steward there is not much to worry about."

Worry might just be an indicator we've taken ownership of something that doesn't belong to us. Nothing belongs to us really. Nothing we have is ours... not even ourselves. Christ paid the highest price of all that you might live a life of stewardship.

What are you worried about lately? Take time to give it back to its rightful owner today.

Lord, nothing I have belongs to me, not even my body.
It is all Yours. Guide me, direct me, grow me, to honor and glorify You
with every action, thought, and word.
Let it be so!

No comments:

Post a Comment