Friday, January 22, 2016

Beyond the Gospels: Corinthians

Today's Verses: 1 Corinthians 8
Click on the link to read today's scripture.
But knowledge puffs up, while love builds up. Those that think they know something do not yet know what they ought to know. But whoever loves God is known by God.--vs. 1-3
The longer I study scripture the less I know in some ways. What I used to think was cut and dry is not so any longer. Don't get me wrong there are areas in scripture where God is specific, and that's not really what I'm referring to here. I'm referring more to knowing about God. You see, we can glean great knowledge about God from His Word. We can read it every day and understand its precepts. Knowledge of God's words and law does not replace knowing God Himself.

This is the area I strive to grow in everyday... knowing God. And the more I know God, the more I realize I don't know. Knowledge of God puffs us up. Knowing God brings us to humility. When we read God's Word not for knowledge but out of love for Him then the Spirit reveals to us what we ought to know.

Lord, I want to know You.

No comments:

Post a Comment