Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Beyond the Gospels: Corinthians

Today's Verses: 1 Corinthians 4:12-21
Click on the verse to read today's scripture.

For the Kingdom of God does not consist in talk but in power.
1 Corinthians 4:20 ESV

Hmmm.... Words that start me to thinking. How much of what I do is all talk and no power? Paul was speaking to a group of people he considered arrogant. All talk... no action it seems. This is the work of pride. It creates lots of words, but without power words are worthless. In the life of the Believer, the power that backs up words comes from the Holy Spirit.


I want more than empty words. I want the power to put those words into action!

Father God, I do not want to be all talk.
Teach me to walk in the power and boldness
of the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment