Monday, January 4, 2016

Beyond the Gospels: Corinthians

Today's Reading:1 Corinthians 1:1-9
(The reading is just a click away if you don't have your Bible close by.)

Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God.... Right off the bat I'm struck by something Paul writes. It is not the way we start a letter. Our letters usually address the receiver first, but not this letter. Instead Paul introduces himself first. It's something to think about.

How would you introduce yourself? What would you say you are called to be in Jesus's name? I even tried it myself.

Stacy, called to be a _______________ of Jesus Christ by the will of God. Filling in the blank was not as easy as I thought. I've brainstormed lots of words to fill the space. Others might like to fill it in for me. Try it for yourself.

_____________, called to be a __________________ of Jesus Christ 
by the will of God.

It's the beginning of a new year, and it would serve us well to know our calling, to be able to claim who we are in the name of Jesus. When we ask this question in prayer, He will answer.

Lord, who am I in Your name? by Your will?
Your servant is listening...

No comments:

Post a Comment