Friday, January 29, 2016

Beyond the Gospels: Corinthians

Today's Verses: 1 Corinthians 10:23-33
No Bible handy? Click on the link to read today's Scripture.
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.... For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.--vs.31 and 33
Let's make a list. Name the top ten things you do each week that take time, energy, or money. Now, draw a line down the middle of the paper and label the two columns: God's Glory and My Glory. Consider each item on your list and ask yourself.

Why do I do this thing?

Place your items in the appropriate column according to how you answer. It is never easy to examine the heart or motive behind what we do.

Making you feel guilty is not the purpose of this exercise, and I'm not proposing that we quit doing anything on the lists. The verse says "whatever we do." Whatever we do, do it for His glory. Whatever career we have or whatever hobby we love. When we exercise or watch television. As we parent our kids or talk to the neighbors.

It is not really about doing something different, but more about who we do it for and the heart behind it that matters. We must do what we do not for our own good, but for the good of many. So that they might be saved.

Lord, help me examine my life: where I'm glorifying myself and
where I'm glorifying You. Convict me of the places and ways I 
advance myself. Teach me how to glorify You in all I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment