Thursday, January 7, 2016

Beyond the Gospels: Corinthians

Today's Verses: 1 Corinthians 2
Click on the link for today's reading.

I made a quick list of those things the Spirit does in our lives according to this chapter. Those living a life guided by the Spirit:

Speak wisdom
Have access to the deep things of God
Understanding
Ability to explain spiritual truths
Make wise judgments

And finally... "we have the mind of Christ." It is so easy to rely on our own wisdom and understanding. God gave us the ability to use our experience and education to reason, but without the Spirit it does us no good. Through His Spirit we have access to the "mind of Christ."

Whose wisdom have you been leaning on lately?

Lord, forgive me for every decision I've made based on my own understanding.
Forgive me for not trusting You with the choices I make.
Bless me with the faith to accept and exercise the truth of my access 
to Your mind, wisdom, and judgment.

No comments:

Post a Comment