Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Beyond the Gospels: Colossians

Today's Reading: Colossians 4:7-18
(Click on the link to read the Scripture.)

Today we finish the book of Colossians. Paul wraps up his letter with his final instructions to the Believers and some of his last words catch my attention.

Tell Archippus: "See to it that you complete the ministry
you have received in the Lord."
Colossians 4:17

Ministry is not just something the preacher or church staff does. Every believer has been gifted with a ministry to build God's kingdom here on earth. Have you thought about it? What is your ministry? How are you building the Kingdom?

Sometimes we don't recognize what God is doing through us as ministry, but it is. As we close this short book I want to encourage you in the words of Paul. "See to it that you complete the ministry you have received in the Lord." Press on... keep going... choose faith in the face of fear... never, never give up! He who began a good work in you is faithful to complete it.

Father God, help me to recognize and receive
the ministry You have given me in Christ Jesus.
Embolden me to exercise my faith by serving others
with whatever gifts You've blessed me with.
Help me to remember You are with me and are faithful
to complete what You've begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment