Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Beyond the Gospels: Acts

Today's Scripture: Acts 9:1-19
(Click on the link to read today's scripture.)
"Saul spent a few days getting acquainted with the Damascus disciples, but then went right to work, wasting no time..."
Saul's conversion wasn't just a heart thing. Not only did he dive right into baptism, he went right to work. Saul's willingness to go right to work and waste no time reveals his sense of urgency. He had a lot of work to do, lots of people to reach, and not much time.

It should be the same for us... urgency. We have a lot of work to do... so many to love and offer grace to. There's not much time. Let's not waste it.

Father God, I see in Saul... Paul... the only thing that really matters.
Your Kingdom. Finding my place in it. Doing the work You created me,
saved me, to do. Fill me with the boldness and urgency of Paul.
Open my eyes to the truth: the things of this world will all pass away,
but Your Kingdom is eternal, the only thing truly worth
investing time, resources, and energy into to.

No comments:

Post a Comment