Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Beyond the Gospels: Acts

Today's Scripture: Acts 16:1-15
[No Bible handy? Click the reference above to read on BibleGateway.com.]

Paul had a plan, but the Holy Spirit blocked his way.
He made a new plan, but he wasn't allowed to go that way either.

Have you ever experienced a time when none of your plans seemed to work out? Did you ever consider God might have been blocking your way?

God had a specific place in mind for Paul's next missionary trip, which He finally revealed in a dream. But before the revelation, the Holy Spirit simply blocked Paul's path.

Next time your plans don't work out the way you want, go to God in prayer. Ask Him what He wants you to do next. Where He wants you to go. He might just be steering you clear of danger and into the place where He has the greatest blessing prepared for you. His plan for your life.

Holy Spirit, I ask You today to block my path,
if I'm not going where You want me to.
I want to follow Your way, not mine.
I want to live for Your glory, not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment