Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Beyond the Gospels: Acts

Today's Scripture: Acts 18:18-28
(Click on the link to read today's verses.)

He was well-educated in the way of the Master and fiery in his enthusiasm. Apollos was accurate in everything he taught about Jesus up to a point, but he only went as far as the baptism of John.

Apollos was teaching what he knew. So many times I hear Believers say, "I can't do that. I don't know enough about the Bible." My response is always the same, "The best way to learn is to teach." The truth is we will never know or understand all of it. God is too big for that. God is not in the business of calling experts. He's looking for those who will begin with what they know and continue to learn in the process. Sharing the Gospel is not what we know, it is about Who we know.

Have you been called to share the Gospel with someone... to teach... to lead? No more excuses... just take a step of faith. I'm confident Holy Spirit will provide all you need.

Father God, embolden me to share what I know about You with others.
I know I don't know it all, but in the act of obedience You will
continue to grow me in my knowledge of You and Your ways.
Lord, fire me up!
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment