Saturday, June 27, 2015

The Challenge -- Day 130

Today's Scripture: Luke 24:13-35
(Click on the link to read today's scripture.)

They were returning home. After all Jesus was dead, what else could they do. And then a stranger shows up that is not a stranger at all. Only they didn't recognize him.

...not by His physical appearance...
...or the way he explained the scriptures to them...
...not when He entered their home...
...or sat down at their table...

Recognition came with the breaking of the bread. There are times I don't recognize him either. No "Aha" moments when a stranger walks my way. Some days I read the Bible and pray but feel nothing. I wonder how many times I've missed Him in my home... at my table.

Still there is one place that my eyes are opened and I recognize Him without fail. When I kneel at the altar to receive His body... His blood... something clicks. It's as if I have new vision... a new way to see what I didn't recognize before.

Only one more week until we join together at His table to celebrate Holy Communion. I'm looking forward to it!

Lord, prepare my heart to see You in the breaking of the bread.
Prepare me to receive Your grace, Your mercy, Your peace
and freely share it with others whom You love.

And he took bread, and when he had given thanks,
he broke it and gave it to them, saying,
"This is my body, which is given for you. 
Do this in remembrance of me."
Luke 22:19 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment