Thursday, June 25, 2015

The Challenge -- Day 128

Today's Scripture: Luke 23:26-43
(Click on the link to read the verses for today.)

"Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom." Like the one hanging beside Jesus on the cross, we've all made the statement in some way. We were created to desire His kingdom. I've heard it described as an empty God-shaped spot in us. I've tried to fill that spot with other stuff. I've watched others do the same.

The problem is when you finally get what you think might fill the emptiness... it doesn't. It is not supposed to. The void can only be filled by the One who created it.

We were made to desire His kingdom. We can be assured Jesus will never forget. The answer Jesus gives to us is the same he gave some 2000 years ago. "Today you will be with me in Paradise."

Jesus, set my heart and life on You.

No comments:

Post a Comment