Wednesday, June 10, 2015

The Challenge -- Day 113

Today's Scripture: Luke 16
(Just click on the link if you do not have your bible handy.)

"You are those who justify yourselves in the sight of others..." It is so easy to get caught in the justification game. Making excuses or coming up with reasons why we act the way we do. I have asked the question many times, "Why did you do that?" The real answer is usually far from our lips.

Wesley understood grace in three ways. One of them he called justifying grace. This is the grace that saves us. It is the point when we say Yes to God. This is the grace that restores our relationship with God and we are made "right" in and through Jesus.

Today, let's lay down our need to justify ourselves. Let's let go of the need to always be right... always have a reason for acting the way we do.

Lord, You alone are the source of my justification by grace alone.
There is no right in me apart from You. Keep this truth before me
as I go through my day. Teach me to walk humbly in Your grace.


For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption
that is in Christ Jesus...
Romans 3;23-24 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment