Saturday, June 6, 2015

The Challenge -- Day 109

Today's Scripture: Luke 13:18-35
(Click on the link to read today's scripture.)

"What is the kingdom of God like? 
...a mustard seed that someone took and sowed in the garden..."



That's it! That's all you need. There are days that's all I've got: ...faith like a grain of a mustard seed... 

Hebrews says, "Faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see." The times I'm not sure at all are the times I remember this seed. Just look at it. Doesn't seem big enough to grow a weed much less an entire tree. And here's the beauty of it... no matter how hard we try or work we can't make a seed grow. Only God makes things grow.

There is freedom in this thought... ONLY God makes things grow. Today is a day to scatter seed. No worries about what or how it will grow. That job belongs to God! Amen and Amen!

Lord God, remind me to scatter seeds in all sorts of places...
to freely cast Your love, compassion, mercy, grace to all!
You alone have the responsibility of making Your Kingdom grow,
I want to do my part in scattering seed, kneading in Your Word
into my family, church, work --- every community in which I live.
But I leave the growth up to You and will not become discouraged
if I do not see any fruit from my work. I will wait on You!

Be patient, therefore, brothers, until the coming of the Lord.
See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth,
being patient about it, until it receives the early and the late rains.
James 5:7 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment