Friday, June 12, 2015

The Challenge -- Day 115

Today's Scripture: Luke 17:20-18:8
(Click on the link to read today's verses.)

The widow's continued asking reminds me of my household some days. "Mom, where are my shoes? Mom, can I have some money? Mom, what's for supper? Mom. Mom! MOM!" Most days I can answer with a smile. Other days my annoyance gets in the way. If I'm not careful my answers are more snappy than I mean for them to be.

This parable makes it clear God does not answer the way I do. He is never annoyed by His children's questions. He doesn't snap or get impatient. He will never put us off by saying, "In a MINUTE!" He is just, patient, always on time. I cry out to Him day and night, and He answers. This gives me reason for praise!

Prayer Challenge: The Widow's Prayer

Is there something in your life you've been waiting for so long that you've come to the point of discouragement? Is there a desire, a longing you've quit praying for? Do you believe God just doesn't hear?

Today, revive that request. As painful as it may be, stir up the desire afresh and bring it to God in prayer today. Ask Him to fuel your hope. Bring it again based on His promise to hear and act: And will not God grant justice to his chosen ones who cry out to him day and night? Will he delay long in helping them? --Luke 18:7

Exercise your faith. Pray persistently like the widow. Pray both day and night. Day after day. Night after night.

"...when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?"
Luke 18:8 NRSV

No comments:

Post a Comment