Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The Challenge -- Day 106

Today's Scripture: Luke 12:22-34
(Click on the link to read the verses.)

I wonder how many times we've heard these verses? How many times a friend has said, "Don't worry." We know it is a sin. We know we shouldn't do it. We know... but, we just can't help ourselves. Jesus' description of the disciples fits me, "The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak."

On a scale from 1 to 10 where do you fall on the worry scale? Have you ever considered worry is either about the past or the future. It removes us from the present... the now... which is the only time and place we connect with God. Each time you worry today write it down. At the end of the day take your worry list to the Father then... throw it away.

Lord, when I worry it is a sign of unbelief in my heart.
I don't believe You will use difficult circumstances and
broken relationships for my good. When I worry about
the future I don't believe You are good or sovereign ---
in control of all things. I believe... help my unbelief...

No comments:

Post a Comment