Tuesday, June 16, 2015

The Challenge -- Day 119

Today's Scripture: Luke19:28-48
(Click on the link to read today's scripture.)

It was a happy day. Palm branches waving... people shouting praise. The Pharisees wanted it to stop. Even tried to quiet the joyful group by asking Jesus to shut them up.
...if these were silent, the rocks would cry out.
I don't know about you but I don't want the rocks to take over what I'm called to do. Look what we might miss by refusing to praise.
Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise.--Psalm 100:4
In January I was blessed to go to Italy. We walked the streets of Rome on our last days there and experienced the Vatican first hand. We passed through security and walked into the place where the Pope leads worship and I was stunned. There in the front (though still far off) was the altar. I couldn't help but begin to praise Him.



Each step of praise brought me closer to the altar. (I wish the picture could do it justice. I'm not sure any could.) This was the day the words of Psalm 100 came to life. Thanksgiving is the key to enter his gates, but praise brings us right into His courts... the Holy of Holies... His presence.

What in all the world is trying to silence your praise today? I say praise Him anyway!

Fill my mouth with praise today, Lord.
Open my eyes to Your glory that fills the earth.

"Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts;
the whole earth is full of his glory!"
Isiah 6:3 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment