Friday, June 26, 2015

The Challenge -- Day 129

Today's Scripture: Luke 23:44 - 24:12
(Click on the link to read today's scripture.)

I always found it interesting that the angel had to remind the women of Jesus' teaching. He discussed it openly with them, but then again, he taught them a lot of things. When the angel reminded them, they remembered.

It is the same for us as we continue to read and study all Jesus is teaching us through His word. The Bible has hundreds of pages with so much to absorb. For years, I have practiced the spiritual discipline of memorizing scripture. If you asked me to spout them to you now, I couldn't.

But here's the amazing part to me. When I need it, the Holy Spirit reminds me just like the angels did for the women at the tomb.

Want to give scripture memorization a try? Here are some tips that have helped me:

1. Choose a passage and break it into smaller segments.
2. Write the verses on two or three index cards and put them in places you will see them each day: laundry room, mirror, car.
3. Say it out loud... go ahead... it feels weird but it works.
4. Yes... they have an app for memorizing scripture. Check out Scripture Typer.

Lord, bless me with a hunger for Your Word.
Enable me to memorize Your Word.
Remind me of the Word I need at any given moment,
so I can remember.

I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.
Psalm 119:11 NIV84

No comments:

Post a Comment