Tuesday, June 2, 2015

The Challenge -- Day 105

Today's Scripture: Luke12:1-21
(Click on the link to read the scripture.)
When they bring you before the synagogues, the rulers, and the authorities, do not worry about how  you are to defend yourselves or what you are to say;  for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that very hour what you ought to say.”
I've spent so much time defending myself. I've spent hours rolling a response to something over and over again in my head. This is a trust issue. Jesus said Holy Spirit would teach us what to say. The hard part are these four words, "at that very hour." No before... no preparation needed. Just trust the Spirit to give you words when you need them.

Do you trust God enough to provide a defense at the time you need it? What does this kind of trust look like for you today?

Father God, replace the rise of defensive emotions with Your peace.
Holy Spirit, bless me with words of wisdom when I feel attacked.
Jesus, remind me I'm fully accepted in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment