Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Beyond the Gospels: Galatians

Today's Scripture: Galatians 2:11-21
(Click on the link to read today's Scripture.)

"For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God.
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.
The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me
and gave himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness
could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"
---verses 19-21

Let's look at a statements that come to mind as I read this...

Life in the law equals death.
Life in the law does not equal righteousness.
Law does not equal salvation.

Jesus's death completes the law.
Grace covers our lawlessness.
Christ lives in me.
I am righteous.

Did you find the last statement a little difficult? I always have because I know me. There is so much about me that makes me unrighteous, and according to the law, I am. Sanctification is not about doing the right thing... obeying the law... it is about Jesus completing the law in us. He alone makes us right before Him. His work brings completion. Not us... Him. Anything less would mean Christ died for nothing.

Let me challenge you this week to memorize one of my favorite verses. Write it on the bathroom mirror, put it as your screen saver, make a note card and place it in your car. 
God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.---2 Corinthians 5:21
Say it... plant it deep in your heart... embrace who you are in Him today!

Only in You, Lord Jesus, am I considered righteous.
Teach me to live this Way, not by the law but by Your Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment