Monday, March 21, 2016

Beyond the Gospels: Corinthians

Today's Scripture: 2 Corinthians 11:16-33
(Click on the link to read today's verses.)
If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness.---vs. 30
This thought is so opposite of the world's. All around us people boasting of their goodness... their strengths... their success. We are all prone to boast about the good things and cover the weaknesses. I can only think of one thing that keeps us hiding weakness: pride. We're a proud people. But God's Word says,
Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will lift you up.---James 4:10
In my experience when we are willing to be honest about our weakness, it is the very place we often connect with others. It's the place God uses to reach out and love others through us. It gives us a heart of mercy, compassion, and grace for those struggling in the same areas. This is beautiful humility, and in the midst of it God lifts us up.

What have you boasted about lately? Maybe today is the day you might share your weakness with someone.

Lord Jesus, I boast about You alone.
I am nothing. You are everything.
You are my strength, my righteousness,
my goodness, my light.

No comments:

Post a Comment