Friday, March 4, 2016

Beyond the Gospels: Corinthians

Today's Scripture: 2 Corinthians 5:1-10
(Click on the link to read today's verses.)

"We make it our goal to please him." 

Goal is defined as something you are trying to do or achieve; the object of a person's ambition or effort. Goals both spoken and unspoken run our lives. Graduation... college... careers. We set financial goals and parenting goals. Just waking up in the morning gets us thinking about what goals must be achieved for the day. Oh how successful we feel when the last to-do is checked off our list.

I wonder... what would happen if pleasing him was at the top of my list? What if every goal I set came under the heading: To Please Him? I could just sit here and ponder the thought, but that's not me. Instead I think I will put this idea into action. Maybe you would join me?

The weekend is upon us so let's give it a try. Wake up each morning and whisper these words:

"My goal today, Lord, is to please you." 

May everything we do become an offering with one goal. May our ambition and effort and achievements reach  high for one reason... pleasing Him.

Lord, make my life pleasing to You!

No comments:

Post a Comment