Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Beyond the Gospels: Corinthians

Today's Scripture: 2 Corinthians 12:1-10
(Click on the link to read today's verses.)

Paul talks of a thorn in his flesh... something that irritates, annoys, and causes pain... some messenger from Satan meant to torment. Many have wondered what exactly this was. Speculations continue today, and honestly I'm not sure why. Paul wasn't exact about the thorn in his life, but He was exact about who allowed it and why. 

This thorn had a purpose. It kept Paul's ego in check, and revealed to Him a priceless truth. 
My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in your weakness."---vs. 9
Grace and power are perfectly revealed in our weakness. Is there some weakness you've carried for years? Some thorn that just won't let up? Maybe it annoys and irritates you to no end. You've probably prayed more than once for God to take it from you... to give you some relief. Praise God we are not alone in this. Paul understood and when we lean on His words we too become strong. In the moment we choose His grace over our own will is the moment we are strong.

Lord, today I thank You for allowing thorns in my life
that I might know my weakness and Your strength.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment