Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Beyond the Gospels: Corinthians

Today's Scripture: 2 Corinthians 9
(Click on the link for today's reading.)
Now He who supplies seed for the sower and bread for food...--vs. 10
You will probably find this a little funny. Just go with me for a minute. As I type these words I'm sitting right outside my garden. I just finished sowing sunflower seeds in the garden... the seeds I planted a few weeks ago have yielded little green shoots...




and my four hens are scratching dirt around my chair.


The sun is almost set and I'm thinking this is a perfect picture of God providing. I know what you're thinking. My husband has already reminded me I'm just a little "country." He comes to see what I'm up to and asks, "What in the world are those chickens scratching at? What's under there?" I answer from my wise chicken knowledge, "I have no idea!"

Here's what I do know. Chickens don't move leaves and dirt and peck the ground unless there is something worth eating under there. If He provides food for chickens, I'm confident He does the same for us.

Sometimes we just don't see it. We might just have to scratch the surface to get to it... dig a little deeper with our faith. God supplies seed for the sower and bread for food. We can't take the credit or make it happen. Our job is to plant the seeds, dig a little deeper and give credit where credit is due.

Lord, there is nothing I have that did not come from Your hand.
Thank You for Your provision and many graces.
Open my eyes to see and my hands to receive
all You have for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment