Thursday, August 10, 2017

Songs of Praise: Psalms 81-82

Read Psalms 81-82
Listen up as you read today's psalms. Click the reference above to read on BibleGateway.com.

God voices complaints against His people in both of these psalms today:

Hear, O my people, while I admonish you!
O Israel, if you would but listen to me!
Psalm 81:8

"How long will you judge unjustly
and show partiality to the wicked? ..."
Psalm 81:2

His people have neglected His Word and His way.

What about you? Could He raise these complaints against you?

We could all point fingers at others. Those we know who use their own reason, make their own rules, follow their own broken hearts. But we can't do anything about others. Only ourselves. So I ask you again... What about you?

Take God's complaints to heart. Prayerfully listen to Him through His Word by the power of the Holy Spirit. Ask Him to show you where you judge unjustly, defending the wicked rather than seeking justice on behalf of the weak and fatherless.

There is much wrong with the world. We can't straighten it all out. But we can take responsibility for ourselves, our faith, and our obedience to God. In Christ Jesus, we are sons of the Most High, His representatives on earth. Listen to Him. Obey Him. Do your part in bringing His Kingdom on earth.

Father God, convict me today of all the ways I fail to listen to You,
and fail seek justice on the part of those who truly need it.
Bless me with the faith to humble myself before You
and see myself as what's wrong with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment