Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Songs of Praise: Psalm 89:1-18

Let's read Psalm 89:1-18 today.
(Click on the link if your Bible is not close at hand.)

Who is like you, Lord God Almighty?
Psalm 89:8

There are many gods to choose from. In Acts, Paul describes an altar to an unknown god.

For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: to an unknown god. So you are ignorant of the very thing you worship—and this is what I am going to proclaim to you.
Acts 17:23

For as long as man existed, he's been looking for God. Settling for any god, even an unknown god. The question the psalmist writes, Who is like You? stirs my heart. I find myself wanting to shout, None! There is none like You, God!

Only the God we serve created the world in seven days, and walked with His first creation in the garden. Only our God led His children out of slavery through a path in the sea. It was our God who clothed Himself in skin and came to be one of us. Only our God willingly limited His power and might just to save us.

No there is no one like Him. Not. One.

Father God, fill me with the wonder of Your Oneness!
Fill me with the blessing of Your unique love for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment