Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Songs of Praise: Psalm 80

Read Psalm 80 today.
(Click on the link to read the verses.)

If we were to sing this psalm today, this would be the chorus:

Restore us, Lord God Almighty;
make your face shine on us,
    that we may be saved.
Psalm 80:19

Over the years I often wake up with a song in my head. Many times the words I am singing are the very words found in Scripture. Music has a way of giving words a rhythm and life making Scripture easy to memorize. Easier to plant in our hearts.

More than two decades ago I began listening to Christian music. I'm still at it today. Just this morning God whispered His love for me through the words of a song on the radio. 

Won't you give it a try? Find a Christian radio station and listen while you are on your way to work, running errands, or taking a trip. Sing along if you feel inspired to do so.

Who knows you may be singing God's Word when you awake tomorrow.

He put a new song in my mouth,
a song of praise to our God.
Psalm 40:3

Father God, put a new song in my heart.
A song of praise, hope, and faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment