Friday, August 11, 2017

Songs of Praise: Psalm 83-84

Close the work week out, praising God with the reading of Psalm 83-84.
(Click on the link to read.)

How lovely is your dwelling place, Lord Almighty!
My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord;
my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.

Better is one day in your courts
than a thousand elsewhere...


I wonder what the songs in the Old Testament, the ones we've been reading for a while now, actually sounded like. What was the melody? What instruments did they play?

When the congregation gathered to sing did they raise their hands...? bow their heads? The moment I read the words above, I began to sing. Click on the link below and join me. 




Father God, fill me with the truth of how wonderful it is to live with You, in Your presence, everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment