Friday, August 18, 2017

Songs of Praise: Psalm 90

We continue our reading through the Psalms with Psalm 90.
(Click on the link to read the Psalm.)

Teach us to number our days,
that we may gain a heart of wisdom.
Psalm 90:12

My youngest begins high school this year. He is the tallest one in our family and it seems like he went from little boy to young man in the blink of an eye. There are surprising moments when my emotions well up. Where did the time go? 

I asked my friend as we sat watching waves roll in, Do you ever wish you could go back?

Nope, not me. Because being young may have meant more days to count but I was unwise, practically dumb at times. We are wise to realize our days are numbered here.

Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom.
James 3:13

Do your humble deeds reveal wisdom? Is your life a picture of understanding? 

We only have a few in the big scheme of things, so let's determine to live them wisely.

Lord, teach me to number my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment