Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Beyond the Gospels: Acts

Today's Scripture: Acts 21:1-16
(Read today's verses by clinking the link above.)

The issue in Jerusalem is not what they do to me, whether arrest or murder,
but what the Master Jesus does through my obedience. 

Many were warning Paul. Going to Jerusalem was dangerous in so many ways. Paul almost seems a little stubborn at this point. Why go where you know harm will come? Why...? Obedience... that's why. Paul was following God's leading. He was determined to obey Jesus no matter the result. He was convinced that Jesus would do something incredible through His obedience, and Jesus did.

Where in our lives are we lacking this kind of stubborn obedience? Are we willing to face prison or death just so Jesus can use our obedience?

Lord Jesus, when You were headed for the cross and told Your disciples so,
Peter told You this would never happen. You in turn told Peter, he was
Help me Lord, to begin to see things Your way. Embolden me with faith to obey
even when You let me know in advance I will suffer for my obedience.
I want to do things Your way, not the world's way.

No comments:

Post a Comment