Monday, October 5, 2015

Beyond the Gospels: Acts

Today's Scripture: Acts 20:17-38
(Click on the link to read today's verses.)

Now I’m turning you over to God, our marvelous God whose gracious Word can make you into what he wants you to be and give you everything you could possibly need in this community of holy friends.

God's Word can make us into what He wants us to be. Sometimes I think we want to make us into who we think God wants us to be, but that's not how it works. This process of becoming who God wants us to be is more like the potter and the clay, sculpter and stone, carver and wood. The potter, sculpter, and carver all have tools. God does too. God uses His Word to mold us, shape us, create us. 

Molding, shaping, and creating is a lifelong process. What will it be like to look back on an entire life from heaven's view and see the mighty work God has done in each of us. That will be one glorious day! 

Lord, I want to be all You want me to be, not what I think You want me to be.
Fill me with a hunger and love for Your gracious Word.
Prepare my heart to receive the molding, shaping, carving You want to do in my life.
Help me to remember, as painful as it might be at times,
it is all for my good and Your glory.

For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword,
piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow,
and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
Hebrews 4:12 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment