Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Beyond the Gospels: Acts

Today's Scripture: Acts 27:1-12
(Click on the link to read today's verses.)

This section of scripture leaves us wondering what's going to happen. Paul gave a warning not to set sail but the centurion listened to other's advice and ignored the warning. How often I've listened to other's advice and ignored the little voice in my head. Most of us have had the experience of hearing a warning... a sort of "not a good idea" thought. The world calls it our conscience. I call it the Holy Spirit.

What warnings have you received lately? Did you heed the warning or take other advice? How did that work out?

Jesus, You alone made the way for the Father to send the Holy Spirit
to those who believe and trust in You. Teach me to hear His voice.
Help me to obey without hesitation. I want to be Spirit led.

"... When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth,
for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears
he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. ..." ---Jesus
John 16:13 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment