Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Challenge -- Day 58

Today's Scripture: Mark 6:1-29
(If you find yourself without a Bible, click the reference above to read on BibleGateway.com.)

He ordered [the twelve] to take nothing for their journey except a staff;
no bread, no bag, no money in their belts; but to wear sandals
and not put on two tunics.
Mark 6:8-9 NRSV

How have we grown so self-sufficient?

Being able to trust the Savior in every day life and live by faith is not the most common and easy practice.

More and more God's people need to live by faith in the Savior and not be so encumbered by the things of modernity that we do not need.

Lord, show me places in my life where self-sufficiency has smothered faith.
I long to follow You unencumbered by fear and all I think I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment