Friday, December 23, 2016

The Joy of the Plan

We both had decided that being single was just fine. We had our families, work, and our ministries. I told God that if it was His plan for me to marry, he would have to put that certain someone directly in my face.

And so, it happened at a ministry event. I patted a chair for him to sit down and enjoy the program and he took it as an invitation to come sit by me. 

We dated and spent time together, got engaged, and then found out he was sick. I’m pretty sure God knew all along and put us together just in time for the love and support to be there to carry us through the hard time to come. Chemo treatments, nausea, and fatigue, to name a few of the challenges.

But JOY… love that conquers all.

Love that makes life complete. Love that brings meaning to the journey of life. Joy that comes from following God’s plan. No matter the circumstances, we can choose daily to expose the joy or suppress it.

God had a plan for David and me but, more than that, God had a plan for all of us in this Babe in a manger. The Son who would come, in flesh, to show God’s love and redeem His people. JOY is in God’s love for us. JOY is in God’s plan that saves us.

Thank you, God, for the plan you had all along and for allowing me to see the truth, the goodness, and the wisdom of the plan. As James said, I count it all JOY!

Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way,
consider it an opportunity for great joy.
James 1:2 

I will shout for joy and sing your praises, for you have ransomed me.
Psalm 71:23

Linda Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment