Thursday, December 1, 2016

The Gift of Peace

“Peace I leave with you. My peace I give you. I give to you not as the world gives.
Don’t be troubled or afraid.”
John 14:27

“My peace I give you.” Wow! What a gift — the gift of the Holy Spirit. The gift of comfort in knowing I am never alone and God is in control. PEACE! What an amazing gift to remind myself of when I am saddened by all the turmoil in the world and I know that so many things are beyond my control. PEACE!

My response to this amazing gift? During this Advent season, and beyond, I pledge to share that sense of peace with others. I will not spread or engage in negativity. I will smile more at others, I will strike up conversations with strangers in the check-out line. I will invite people to our Christmas Eve service so they can experience the love of God in the midst of our loving congregation. I will be the hands and feet of Christ. I will love others as Christ has loved me. I invite you to share the Peace of God with me during this joyous Advent season and all year through.

God, thank You for Your amazing gifts: Your Son, Jesus, the Holy Spirit,
and the gift of Peace. Help me not be drawn into negativity but share
Your love openly with others. In Your precious name, amen.

Jerri Lykins

No comments:

Post a Comment