Tuesday, December 20, 2016

The Gift of Joy Received with Love

Oh, Lord Jesus, You bring me joy and happiness every day. Just knowing You are walking with me inspires me to be all I can. 

Remember that day so many years ago when You reached me and I listened? I opened the Bible given to me by a friend. You were there with me, as I began reading. I needed change in my life. I didn't know where to begin, You inspired my heart to JUST READ. So I did. It was so confusing, what did it all mean? You said JUST READ. So I did. Several days I sat and read and I began seeing change in me, my heart, my thoughts, my actions. Thank You.

You have brought so much joy. More than I could imagine. Amazingly, one day You brought me an infant. Her birth was beautiful, she was precious. Her biological mother was my angel and I hers. We all know the hand You played in this journey and are forever grateful. My daughter truly is a gift from You.

This year for Your birthday I give You love. Words are easy to say. Some days go by and I just barely speak to You. As I stand here today I give to You all my love. I will show my love to You in prayer, through my heart and with action. I vow not to miss a day. I see You every day in my life. Some days I just keep walking and doing my own thing. That, my Lord, will change.

The loss of a dear one this year created distance in my walk with You. I'm sorry for that. My pity trip is over. I am Yours Lord, heal me.

I will obey your decrees.
   Please don’t give up on me!
Psalm 119:8

Renita Pontenberg


No comments:

Post a Comment