Monday, March 13, 2017

Back to the Beginning: Genesis 43

Genesis 43
Read today's passage before you read the words below. Click the link above or open up your Bible.

Judah said to his father Israel, "Send the lad with me and we will arise and go,
that we may live and not die, we as well as you and our little ones.
I myself will be surety for him; you may hold me responsible for him. ..."
Genesis 43:8-9

All of Scripture is about Jesus. He told His disciples Himself:

Then he said to them, "These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you,
that everything written about me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and
the Psalms must be fulfilled."
Luke 22:44-45 ESV

Today we see a glimpse of Jesus through one of the sons of Israel.

Judah. The brother whose lineage would bring forth Jesus.

Judah foreshadows Jesus by willingly taking responsibility for his younger brother.

"... If I do not bring him back to you and set him before you,
then let me bear the blame before you forever. ..."
Genesis 43:9

Jesus the Son of God, told His Father He would take on the responsibility of all those God the Father created. The ones who went east from the garden of Eden. The ones who rebelled and deserve nothing but death. He said, Hold me responsible...

You can almost hear Him say: If they are imprisoned by sin, hold Me responsible.

And we were lost. And He did take responsibility. And He did return us to the Father.

Amen!

Lord Jesus, thank You for Your great love, compelling You to rescue us,
and take responsibility for what we could never do for ourselves.
Continue to reveal to me who You are through Your Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment