Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Beyond the Gospels: Ephesians

Read today's passage: Ephesians 1:1-14
[Click above the read on BibleGateway.com.]

... he chose us in [Christ] before the foundation of the world...
In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ...
Ephesians 1:4-5 ESV

Here is a truth beyond comprehension to me. He chose us in Christ before He created the world. In love. He predestined us for adoption into His family. To receive an incredible inheritance of lavish grace.

I don't know about you, but I do know about me. I know who I was before He captured my heart and I was not a lovable person. I know what I've done. And wonder why He would choose me, for heaven's sake. Why would He want me to be a part of His family?!

Don't leave me all alone here. You know you, too. Are you someone worthy of being chosen by the Creator of the Universe? Someone worthy to be called His son? His daughter?

Now that's some amazing grace. Some powerful love. Imagine. Even before He began to create, He saw all the trouble. sin. rebellion. hate. murder. selfishness. greed. Yet, He still spoke: Let there be light..

But not only did He create. He chose. Predestined broken rebellious sinful people to make His own. To bless with love and glorious grace. 

His whole purpose in Christ is to unite ALL things in Him, both in heaven and earth.

I know He's worked a mysterious wonder in my heart. One I don't deserve. One that humbles me before Him and causes me to love Him.

He loved me first. He loved you first. Before creation. He loved and chose knowing everything there is to know about you. About me.

Is that not a cause to love Him, too? To praise? worship? bless? obey?

Father God, wrap my mind around this choosing of me.
So undeserving. So nothing apart from You.
May I live a life of glorious grace for Your praise.
Begin uniting all things in heaven and earth.
Begin in me.

Bless be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places...
Ephesians 1:3 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment