Monday, December 16, 2013

Wait

wait - to look forward to eagerly

Can you imagine how hard it was for Mary and Joseph to wait for the birth of the Messiah? Despite how hard it was, they put all their trust and hope in God, even though they never expected to be the caregivers of our Savior. The definition of wait is "to look forward to eagerly”. They waited eagerly for the birth of Jesus Christ.

That’s the way we should look at waiting for an answer from God. We ask God for help or to give us answers and, yet, we wait anxiously and impatiently, not eagerly. When I began making plans for college next year, I was conflicted and asked God to lead me where He wanted me to go. So I set aside my own plans and waited to hear God’s plan. But, like most people, I was impatient and frustrated when I didn’t hear from God the next day. I didn’t hear from God until months later on a college tour.

I put my trust in God and let him take control. We like to make our own plans and answer our own questions because we are too impatient and rushed to know exactly what we’re going to do, where we are going to do it, and when we will do it.  When really, we should be waiting eagerly to hear from God all the wonderful things He has planned for us.

Jeremiah 29:11 says, “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” That is something we should be eagerly looking forward to! So the next time you are waiting for God to give you answers, think back to how eagerly Mary and Joseph waited for Jesus and remember that waiting eagerly could give you an even better answer than you ever could’ve expected.

Kelly Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment