Thursday, December 5, 2013

Pray

pray - to speak to God especially in order to give thanks or to ask for something, to make a request in a humble manner, to address God or a god with adoration, confession, supplication, or thanksgiving.

Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted to you.
Mark 11: 24
Many of you know a couple of years ago Canyon got laid off work.  After a couple of weeks of sulking he picked himself up and went back to school.  While in his last semester he decided to also take on a job.  He got hired and loved it only to be “let go” after six months.  What a bummer, right?! Some people have said how they can’t believe how supportive I am and most wives would be nagging their husbands to hurry up and get another job.  I know God is over our lives and so I do not worry.  I pray the right job will come along in God’s timing.  I have prayed that God will show Canyon the way and I believe he will. 
How many times do we find ourselves in a bind and need a little help from God?  What do we do as a last resort?  We pray.  We are a selfish people who pray for our own wants and desires.  Yes it would have been easy to complain and be frustrated about a job loss, but what good does that do for anyone?  I believe that loss was a huge blessing for my family. 
As we approach this Advent season, I would like to encourage you to pray for others, ask God how he can use you and pray and seek His will and not your own. 
I thank God that Canyon did get laid off because he has had the chance to be more involved in his children’s lives which would not have happened in that previous job.  So again, pray in the bad times as well as the good times because both hold the blessings we may not yet can see……“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” —Philippians 4:6.
Monica Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment