Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Songs of Praise: Psalm 69

Click on the link to read our song for today: Psalm 69

Save me, O God!
    For the waters have come up to my neck.

Psalm 69:1

Are you up to your neck in something? Cry out to Him... Save me!

I sink in deep mire,
    where there is no foothold...

 Psalm 69:2

Are you sinking deep, feet covered in the muck and mire of life? Cry out to Him... Lift me out of this place!

More in number than the hairs of my head
are those who hate me without cause;
mighty are those who would destroy me,
those who attack me with lies.
Psalm 69:4

Feeling attacked like you are all alone on the journey? Cry out to Him... Show me you are here!

The Lord knows our sin, our guilt, and shame. We are no different than the writer of this song. Life gets us down, leaves us feeling lost. But we're not. God will never leave us to drown or sink or walk this road alone. Not when we cry out to Him. Not when we turn our hearts to the One who revives and redeems.

Father God, I trust in Your promise
to never leave or forsake those who belong to You.
Thank You for hearing me when I call.
Thank You for answering me in Your perfect time.

No comments:

Post a Comment