Tuesday, April 18, 2017

In the Wilderness: Exodus 17

Joshua leads the army into battle. Read about the victory in Exodus 17.
 And Moses built an altar and called the name of it, The Lord Is My Banner...
Exodus 17:15
Moses stood on the hill with his staff in hand and two friends at his side. He held his arms high and when he did Joshua's army gained ground. But the holding of something up brings fatigue, muscle cramps, and the strain gives way to exhaustion. When his arms inched lower, the enemy's strength grew.

Thank God for the two friends. They sat him down on a rock and held his arms for him until the battle was won. There on a hill three men worked to hold God's banner high and when it was all over Moses built an altar and called it The Lord is My Banner.

There's a children's song I learned long ago and I can't help but sing it as I write these words.

The Lord is mine and I am His,
His banner over me is love.
The Lord is mine and I am His,
His banner over me is love.
The Lord is mine and I am His,
His banner over me is love.
His banner over me is love!

Have you declared you are God's and He is yours? Have you raised your own banner high above?

He brought me to His banqueting table,
His banner over me is love.
He brought me to His banqueting table,
His banner over me is love.
He brought me to His banqueting table,
His banner over me is love.
His banner over me is love.
Do you remember when He invited you to His table and you feasted for the first time on His grace and love?

Jesus is the rock of my salvation,
His banner over me is love.
Jesus is the rock of my salvation,
His banner over me is love.
Jesus is the rock of my salvation,
His banner over me is love.
His banner over me is love.
Moses' friends placed him on a rock and held his hands high until sweet victory came. We have a rock too. His name is Jesus. And when we stand on the Rock of salvation, hands lifted high we sing sweet victory... His banner over me is love!

Thank You, Lord, for waving a banner of love over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment