Monday, November 7, 2016

Beyond the Gospels: Revelation

Today's Verses: Revelation 14:1-5
[Open up the Word with your Bible or by clicking the link above.]

...they were singing a new song before the throne...
Revelation 14:3

The 144,000 before the Lamb. An elite group of Believers redeemed from mankind. It appears they lived life differently than most. And reminds us there are rewards and consequences for all our actions and words during this life.

Therefore do not pronounce judgment before the time,
before the Lord comes, who will bring to light the things
now hidden in darkness and will disclose the purposes of the heart.
Then each one will receive his commendation from God.
1 Corinthians 4:5 ESV

Believers in Jesus will all be included in His Kingdom, but each will have a different place before Him. Each, I think, will also have their own new song to sing before the throne.

Each of us live our lives before God. Make our own choices along the way. And along the way He appoints a time, maybe several different times, where we can choose His Way. I believe our story becomes our own personal song of praise before His throne.

The way we wandered. The way He saved. It's personal. No two stories are the same. No two songs exactly alike. Similarities in our stories become harmonious before the throne. For they will all glorify Him.

 I waited patiently for the Lord; he inclined to me and heard my cry.
He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog,
and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure.
He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.
Psalm 40:1-3 ESV

What's your story? what's your song?
Are you prepared to share it? for His glory and praise?

Father God, fill me with a new song! Use my story
to bring You praise and glory. May others see and fear
and put their trust in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment