Thursday, August 27, 2015

Beyond the Gospels: Acts

Today's Scripture: Acts 7:54-8:8
(Click on the link to read today's verses.)

Did you notice who held the coats of those who threw the stones? Saul... the same one we call Paul now. The same man who wrote so many of the letters we read in the New Testament. Before his Damascus road experience, take a look at the kind of man he was.
The ringleaders took off their coats and asked a young man named Saul to watch them.
Saul was right there, congratulating the killers. 
And Saul just went wild, devastating the church, entering house after house after house, dragging men and women off to jail. 

Consider your own sins. If God can use a man like Saul, He can use you... and me. This is the good news of the Gospel. This is the wonder working power of the God who saves!


Lord Jesus, bless me with the faith to fully walk
in the fullness of salvation You have provided.
I do not want to let my past keep me paralyzed with guilt.
I want to boldly serve You and Your Kingdom
according to Your call on my life.

There is therefore now no condemnation
for those who are in Christ Jesus.
Romans 8:1 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment